About Jet Park Hotel, Auckland Airport
We are a family run Hotel, with an outstanding team dedicated to personal and caring service. We boast an award winning Restaurant and Lounge bar where you can enjoy delicious cuisine and a great selection of NZ wines and some of the best local produce.
There is a room to suit every taste and budget at Jet Park Hotel, from our compact comfortable Queen rooms designed for a short quick stay, to Superior rooms or our Deluxe rooms and suites if you wish to spoil yourself just a little. Whatever your choice, you will find yourself drifting off to sleep in no time in a comfy bed. Whether on business or holiday, you deserve the best start to your journey, and we are here to make that experience just right for you. With a host of services such as onsite FREE car parking , FREE car storage, 24 hour reception and concierge services, tepid pool, business centre, on-site gymnasium, health club access, gift shop, and conference and meeting facilities, work or play while staying with us is easy.
Jet Park Hotel Awards
The hotel’s great service and facilities have been recognised over the years by various ratings, awards, and nominations:
- Hospitality Association New Zealand Awards for Excellence 2014 Winner:
- SUPREME AWARD 2014
- Excellence in Training and Staff Development
- Best Environmental, Sustainable and Ethical Practice
- Westpac Auckland Business Awards- South Finalists 2014:
- Excellence in Marketing
- Excellence in Customer Service Delivery
- Excellence in Strategy and Planning
- Hospitality Association New Zealand Awards for Excellence Finalists 2014:
- Best Accommodation Hotel
- Excellence in Customer Service
- Excellence in Marketing
- Excellence in Training and Staff Development
- Best Environmental, Sustainable and Ethical Practice.
- Traveller's Choice 'Top 25 Hotels in New Zealand' Award 2014, Trip Advisor
- Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Beef and Lamb Excellence Award Winner 2013
- People's Choice Beef and Lamb Excellence Awards 2013
- Westpac Auckland South Business Awards Winner 2013
- Hospitality Association New Zealand Awards for Excellence Finalists 2013
- Hotel Industry Environmental Initiative Award 2013
- Travelbug Gold Property Award 2014
- Travelbug 100% Reviews 2014
- NZ Culinary Fare 2013- NZ Commis Chef of the Year
- NZ Culinary Fare 2013- Young Sommelier of the Year
Hospitality Association of NZ Awards
- 2013: Finalist - Best Accommodation Hotel
- 2013: Finalist - Excellence in Customer Service
- 2013: Finalist - Excellence in Marketing
- 2013: Finalist - Best Environmental, Sustainable and Ethical Practice
- 2012: Finalist - Best Accommodation Hotel
- 2012: Finalist - Excellence in Customer Service
- 2012: Finalist - Best Environmental, Sustainable and Ethical Practice
- 2011: Finalist - Excellence in Customer Service
- 2011: Finalist - Excellence in Marketing
- 2010: Winner - Excellence in Marketing
- 2010: Finalist - Best Accommodation Hotel
- 2009: Finalist - Best New/Redeveloped Accommodation Hotel
- 2009: Finalist - Excellence in Marketing
- 2008: Winner- Excellence in Marketing
- 2008: Finalist- Best Accommodation Hotel
- 2006: Finalist - Excellence in Training & Staff Development
- 2006: Finalist - Excellence in Marketing
- 2004: Finalist - Best Beef
- 2004: Finalist - Excellence in Customer Service
- 2003: Winner - Best Beef
NZ Culinary Fare
- 2011: Winner - NZ Restaurant of the Year 2011
NZ Beef & Lamb Hallmark of Excellence Award:
Years: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000
The hotel’s Qualmark Rating was upgraded this year to 4-Star Plus Status, previously 4-star. It has also obtained an Enviro-GOLD Rating for the Environmental Initiatives it has in place.
Several Staff over the years have obtained achievements in regional and national culinary and hospitality competitions, gained HSI Hospitality Training assessor status, and obtained training scholarships.
We aim to operate an ethical business in the Hotel sector offering products and services that provide value for money, quality, exceptional service and consistency at Auckland Airport.
We will provide an excellent service to all customers to achieve total satisfaction.
We will accomplish high productivity levels through sound planning, organisation and teamwork.
We will earn sufficient profits to ensure investment in the business together with providing a good return to owners.
We will earn high employee loyalty and motivation by providing a respectful, safe, collaborative and responsive work environment.
We will gain recognition in the market for being a highly professional, ethical, quality-assured business.
Our mission statement concentrates on the four key components that we consider essential: our customers, our owners, our staff and the community in which we operate.
We value our customers as the foundation of our business. Our relationships with customers and suppliers are based on principles of respect and mutual benefit. We aim to develop profitable and lasting relationships. We want to build on what we do well and to innovate to meet changing customer needs.
We respect the experience and skills of our staff and value the contribution that every person makes to the team. We recognised that pride and enjoyment in the job come from working in a respectful, safe, collaborative and responsive work environment. Our goal is to work together to reward, train and develop our staff in ways that acknowledge performance and individual abilities.
We recognise that our actions must acknowledge our responsibilities for the well being and stability of the community, and our environment as a whole. With this in mind we will aim to support local community initiatives, and actively undertake and implement environmentally aware business systems and services
Would you like to work for us?
Jet Park Hotel employs around 115 staff in various departments and we are always looking for good candidates who have the skills and passion to forge a great career in hospitality- and who would love to ensure that each guest’s expectations are exceeded!
Departments at Jet Park Hotel
- Management & Administration
- Front Office: Reception/ Reservations/ Hotel Porters
- Housekeeping & Laundry
- Kitchen/ Chefs
- Restaurant, Bar, & Conferencing
Why should you consider working with us?
We aren't a large hotel chain and can't promise you the world in travel and promotions but what we do have is a work environment that you'll want to get out of bed for in the mornings!
We are a New Zealand family owned and operated business - a small company with about 115 staff and you'll be considered a vital part of our team - you wont be just a number! Working in hospitality for us means learning about being a true hospitality professional- service from the heart- it's our aim to exceed a guest's experience; so if you're serious about making a real difference to others in your day we'd love you to do this as part of our team! Although we have 170 rooms in our hotel, our teams are small and there's opportunity to learn a wider range of skills, we love innovation and we're always on the look-out for how to do things smarter, quicker, and ahead of the competition - so if you like challenge, change, and an environment with ongoing learning, this is the workplace for you! All our staff receive free car parking, staff meal, tea/coffee, and various other benefits depending on which department you work in.
Check Current Vacancies
and How to apply
Jet Park Hotel, formerly known as “Jet Inn Hotel” was opened in June 1998. It has grown in several stages over the years; beginning with a 90 room property then in July 2004 the addition of 45 deluxe rooms, and in August 2008 a further 45 deluxe rooms and 3 apartments were added, bringing the total number of rooms to170. Throughout this time the property has been under the same NZ ownership and operation - one of the major reasons it has grown from strength to strength in the quality of services and facilities it strives to provide to guests.
Several other changes have occurred in this time; expansions to the restaurant to include a buffet line and more seating areas, a new bar, additional car parks, a laundry, refurbishments of our original rooms and corridors, and name change/ re-branding from Jet Inn Hotel. The field next door where the cows grazed is now a warehouse, and despite the growing industry around us we have seen the NZ birdlife on the property maintained as our established native vegetation offers a small oasis to the area. We have a wonderful contingent of around 115 staff– some with us for 10 years. Then of course there are you, our customers for whom we built this hotel! We hope that you will continue to visit us in the years to come, and that this hotel, if not already, will become the place you return to time and time again during your journeys. We hope you feel that you can refer to it as “your Auckland Airport Residence.”
The hotel is currently managed by Jeeva Jeeva-Nanthan – the hotel’s General Manager. He is assisted by brother and sister team Ashley Schierhout and Sonja Herrmann who bring their own strengths to the operation. Ashley ensures the “nuts and bolts” of the property, assets, and buildings are managed, whilst Sonja manages human resources and is involved in sales and marketing. Owners Liz Herrmann and John Lateulere also keep actively involved with key decision making.
We are a hotel committed to caring, not only for you as our valued guest, but to our environment, our staff, and our community. We are sure you will ‘feel the difference’ we make to your travels when you start and end your journey at “your Auckland Airport residence”. Come join us...